Subcategory: Email Clients
Platform: BSD, Linux, UNIX-like
License: GPL, LGPL, BSD
Programing language: C
First release: November 30, 2014
Astroid – a lightweight and fast Mail User Agent that provides a graphical interface to searching, displaying and composing email, organized in threads and tags. Astroid uses the notmuch backend for blazingly fast searches through tons of email. Astroid searches, displays and composes emails – and rely on other programs for fetching, syncing and sending email. Check out Astroid in your general mail setup for a suggested complete e-mail solution.
Main features of the Astroid are:
– lightweight and fast
– fully operable by keyboard.
– graphical interface. buffers can be placed in separate windows.
– display html mail and common attachments inline.
– themable and configurable.
– built-in crypto (PGP/MIME) support.
– editors: embedded or external vim or emacs (or your favourite editor).
– syntax highlighting of patches and code segments.
– python and lua plugins.