Subcategory: Microblog Clients
Platform: Linux, OS X
Programing language: C++
First release: December 25, 2008
Choqok ( pronounced: tʃœˈʁʊk ) – a Free/Open Source micro-blogging client for K Desktop Environment. The name comes from an ancient Persian word, means Sparrow.
Currently supports Twitter.com, Pump.io (Formerly known as Identi.ca), Gnu Social (Formerly known as StatusNet) and OpenDesktop.org services.
The other features are:
– Supporting Friends, @Reply, Favorite and Public time-lines.
– Support for send and receive direct messages.
– Official Repeat/ReTweet functions.
– Supporting Multiple Accounts simultaneously.
– Supporting search APIs for Twitter and StatusNet services.
– Support for Twitter lists.
– KWallet integration.
– Ability to make a quick tweet/dent with global shortcuts. (Ctrl+Meta+T)
– Ability to notify user about new statuses arriving.
– Flickr, ImageShack, Twitpic, Twitgoo, Mobypicture and Posterous photo uploading
– Support for shortening urls with more than 30 characters.+shorten on paste, With more than 10 shortening services
– Posts (Statuses) list appearance configuration.
– Filtering supported to hide unwanted posts.
– Setting your last post as your current status message in IM clients (Kopete, Pidgin, Psi, Skype)
– Preview Images from Twitter, Twitpic, YFrog, img.ly, plixi, Twitgoo, TweetPhoto and etc. services.
– Preview Videos from YouTube and Vimeo services.
– Send Now Listening text. (Many of favorite players such as Amarok, Exaile, Banshee, Rhythmbox and VLC supported)
– Expand short Urls.
– Proxy support.
Authors: Mehrdad Momeny, Andrey Esin and Andrea Scarpino.