Subcategory: Web Browsers
Platform: Linux, OS X, Windows
First release: April 11, 2005
Flock – a freeware, modern web browser with the built-in ability to keep you up-to-date with your Facebook and Twitter friends.
The first versions, up to 2.6.2 of Flock used the Gecko HTML rendering engine by Mozilla.
Starting with version 3, Flock was based on Chromium and so used the WebKit rendering engine.
– an online clipboard that allows you to annotate paragraphs, images, and links that you find interesting
– a log editor that lets you write posts for WordPress, Blogger, or Livejournal, both if you’re online or off
– a mini-app that lets you add photos to Flickr, Facebook, and Piczo without leaving your browser
– a feed reader supporting Atom, RSS, and Media RSS feeds
– support for third-party add-ons
The latest version of Flock web browser was released in 2011.
No download is available.