Subcategory: Email Clients
Platform: OS X, Windows
Programing language: Unknown
First release: 2001 ?
Foxmail – a freeware email client originally written by Zhang Xiaolong, an alumnus of Huazhong University of Science and Technology in Wuhan. Foxmail was acquired in 2005 by Tencent Holdings.
Main features of Foxmail are:
– address book, which we can add detailed information about contacts
– calendar to support reminder system
– RSS feed reader allows you to add your favorite channels
– anti-spam filter with a built-in Bayesian algorithm, can remember keywords when recognizing spam
– supports POP3, MAPI, SMTP and IMAP servers
– supports HTML formatting
– supports SSL standard