Last Updated on: 8th December 2020, 02:12 pm
Subcategory: Download Managers
First release: February 1977
GetRight – a download manager that simply improves and optimizes the files you download from the Internet. It features download resuming, accelerating, scheduling and more.
It doesn’t matter how fast your connection is, if you download big popular files like game demos, Linux installs, or videos, you can still have problems with disconnections or slow servers. GetRight’s resuming and acceleration will make your downloads painless and easy–and as fast as possible.
– GetRight can download not only from web and ftp servers, but also BitTorrent™ downloads.
– It integrates with your web browser, so using GetRight is as easy as clicking. You don’t have to do anything special for it to do your downloads. Works with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Mozilla, Netscape, AOL, and MSN.
– Huge files are no problem–download DVD-sized files (many Gigabytes).
– Build a big list of everything to download, and set the order for downloading to just what you want so the important files come first.
– Set it to turn off the computer when it is done getting the files so you can just leave it alone to do the work.
– GetRight’s History will let you easily find files you’ve downloaded.
– You can schedule a time when GetRight should start downloading to get your files…so it can do all the work in the middle of the night while you sleep.
– GetRight includes several ways to scan a website to quickly grab batches of files.
– If you listen to Podcasts, GetRight can automatically download them for you, even adding the files into a playlist in iTunes or Windows Media Player.
– If you need to get the same files every day (like web log files) GetRight’s Daily Downloads let you schedule files to be downloaded every day.
– Its options let you make GetRight work just how you want. Make categories to organize your downloads, or just put them all in one spot. Tweak how it operates for many features, or just download without changing a thing. The choices are all yours.
The project developer is Michael Burford.
The latest version of GetRight 6.5 was released in 2011.