Last Updated on: 8th December 2020, 09:08 pm
Subcategory: IRC Clients
Platform: Linux, Windows
Programing language: C++, Qt
Konversation – an IRC client for the KDE desktop environment, licensed under the GNU General Public License. The program is written in C++ by The Konversation Team.
Konversation allows you to conversate in many networks at the same time. You can connect to them using both IPv4 and IPv6, and it supports secure data transmission over SSL. It also supports UTF-8 encoding, colors and various formatting styles in messages. It has a user-friendly interface and understandable, translated configuration menus that allow you to configure the appearance, notifications, login, aliases, automatic conversion in outgoing messages, ignored users and other customer behavior.
The applications main features are:
– Easy management of multiple IRC user identities.
– Multiple server connections.
– SSL support.
– Per-channel encoding settings for international users.
– File transfer (DCC) support.
– Auto-away support.
– Bookmarking support.
– On Screen Display for notifications.
– KDE Addressbook integration.
– Collaborative drawing (think “multiplayer KolourPaint”).
– URL logger.
– Auto-replace in incoming and outgoing messages.
– Various bundled scripts, e.g. a “now playing” one.
– Configurable theming.
– Flood protection.
– Blowfish encryption support.