Subcategory: RSS Readers
Platform: BSD, Linux, OS X, UNIX-like
License: MIT/X Consortium License
First release: January 16, 2007
Newsbeuter – an open-source RSS/Atom feed reader for text terminals. It runs on Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X and other Unix-like operating systems. Newsbeuter’s great configurability and vast number of features make it a perfect choice for people that need a slick and fast feed reader that can be completely controlled via keyboard.
Some of the application features:
– Subscribe to RSS 0.9x, 1.0, 2.0 and Atom feeds
– Download podcasts
– Freely configure your keyboard shortcuts
– Search through all downloaded articles
– Categorize and query your subscriptions with a flexible tag system
– Integrate any data source through a flexible filter and plugin system
– Automatically remove unwanted articles through a “killfile”
– Define “meta feeds” using a powerful query language
– Synchronize newsbeuter with your bloglines.com account
– Import and exporting your subscriptions with the widely used OPML format
– Freely define newsbeuter’s look’n’feel through free color configurability and format strings
– Keep all your feeds in sync with Google Reader
The project founder is Andreas Krennmair.
The latest version of Newsbeuter 2.9 was released in 2015.