Subcategory: File Backup and Sync
First release: 1996
Robocopy (Robocopy.exe) – a Windows Command Prompt tool designed to replicate or migrate files and directories between servers. Creates a log with the result of an operation, acting as a script / service, or the ability to resume a failed operation makes this tool extremely handy and better than most GUI programs. In addition, Robocopy.exe works multithreaded (by default it handles 8 files at the same time), which significantly shortens the data migration time.
This tool is available on systems from Vista / 2008 up.
– Copy files over a network with resume capabilities
– Can skip NTFS junction points causing failure typically from infinite loops
– Copy file and directory attributes preserving timestamps
– Copy NTFS permissions, owners, and auditing info
– Copy directory timestamps
– Copy files in ‘backup’ mode to ensure files are copied even those rights have been denied to the administrator
– Automatic retries
– Sync two folders
– Skips files already copied
– Copy paths larger than the 256 character path limit
– Perform asynchronous copies using its multithreading ability
– Returns standardized exit codes for use in scripts
No download is available.