Subcategory: Peer2Peer Clients
Platform: Linux, Windows, Web client
Programing language: C++
First release: 2011
AirDC++ – an easy to use client for Advanced Direct Connect and Direct Connect networks. You are able to join “hubs” with other users, and chat, perform searches and browse the share of each user. It allows you to share files with friends and other people.
AirDC++ is extremely high performance with lots of advanced features. It has been tested to operate smoothly even with millions of shared files or hundreds of terabytes of data. The source code is available for everyone and there is no bundled software or advertisements of any kind.
– An easy to use settings wizard for new users
– Support for sharing different directories in different hubs
– Real-time monitoring for share changes
– Support for opening multiple per user connections
– Full IPv6 support
– Advanced sharing of partially downloaded directories/files and more efficient way of finding alternative sources
– Support for NMDC and ADC protocols and encrypted transfers on both
– Bandwidth controlling capabilities
– REST/WebSocket-based API for scripting/integrations
– Responsive web user interface to allow access from other devices
AirDC++ Web Client is a locally installed application, which is designed for frequent sharing of files or directories within groups of people in a local network or over internet.
The daemon application can be installed on different types of systems, such as on file servers and NAS devices, while the responsive Web UI scales for different screen sizes.
The file sharing communities scale from a few users to thousands of users, while a single client can be used to share even millions of files or hundreds or terabytes of data.