Subcategory: File Transfer
Programing language: ?
First release: March 1999
tnftp – enhanced ftp client.
The enhancements over the standard ftp client in 4.4BSD include:
* command-line editing within ftp
* command-line fetching of URLS, including support for:
– http proxies (c.f: $http_proxy, $ftp_proxy)
* context sensitive command and filename completion
* dynamic progress bar
* IPv6 support (from the WIDE project)
* modification time preservation
* paging of local and remote files, and of directory listings (c.f: `lpage’, `page’, `pdir’)
* passive mode support, with fallback to active mode
* `set option’ override of ftp environment variables
* TIS Firewall Toolkit gate ftp proxy support (c.f: `gate’)
* transfer-rate throttling (c.f: `-T’, `rate’)
The project developer is Luke Mewburn.