YAM (Yet Another Mailer) – a MIME-compliant open-source Internet email client written for Amiga-based computer systems (AmigaOS4, AmigaOS3, MorphOS, AROS). It supports POP3, SMTP, TLSv1/SSLv3 connection security, multiple users, multiple identities, PGPv2/v5 encryption, unlimited hierarchical folders, filters, a configurable GUI (based on MUI) and an ARexx interface and many other features which are common for Mail User Agents (MUA) today.
– Straightforward installation and configuration, taking only a few minutes to set everything up.
– Runs “Out-of-the-Box” without any installation or Assign required for expert users.
– Easy operation using toolbar buttons, menus, keyboard and drag&drop functionality.
– Basic e-mail functions: Read, Write, Reply, Forward and Bounce mail
– Six standard folders: Incoming, Draft, Outgoing, Sent, Trash and Spam.
– Any number of user-definable folders, which can be compressed and/or encrypted via own passwords set.
– Hierarchical ordering of folders.
– Multiuser support. Optionally, address books and other configuration files can be shared.
– Searchable address book supporting groups and distribution lists.
– Full POP3 support allowing to check/download mails on startup, on demand or at regular time intervals.
– Configure an unlimited amount of POP3 accounts.
– Message download pre-selection: browse message headers and select only those mails you want to download.
– Write or Reply to your mails off-line and send them to the mail server using the built in SMTP support
– Extract sender information from message headers and create an address book entry with just a simple mouse click.
– Built-In support for MIME encoding/decoding for sending and receiving binary files.
– Interaction with web browsers: send mail from your browser, pass an URL to the browser.
– Handle message disposition notifications (MDN).
– Direct support for anonymous remailing (remailers) and mailing lists.
– PGP/MIME support: encrypt and/or sign outgoing messages, check signatures, decrypt messages. Direct support for PGP 2.6.x and PGP 5.
– Fast internal text editor with support for common mail styles (bold/italic/underline), glossary and with a spell checking interface.
– Comprehensive search capabilities. For example a full text search through all articles using a single query or a quick search to find/sort mails quickly in a folder.
– Automatic sorting of the post with an unlimited number of filters. Archiving or diversion of specified articles, automatic replies or the deletion of advertising are just a few of the possible applications of the filters.
– Event-sensitive starting of macros and comprehensive ARexx support.
– Freely customizable interface, thanks to MUI.
– Usable on either an own screen or on any public screen configured in MUI.
– Context-sensitive online help system, using help bubbles and online documentation.
– Context sensitive menus for direct operations on each mail.
– Localized to many languages.
– and much, much more
The original author of YAM is Marcel Beck, now it is developed by the YAM Open Source Team.