Subcategory: Instant Messengers
Platform: Android, iOS, Linux, OS X, Windows
License: Freemium, Proprietary
Programing language: C++
First release: July 1, 2000
Trillian – a free and easy to use instant messaging that works on your desktop and phone. It supports IM services such as: AIM, Bonjour, Facebook Messenger, Google Talk (Hangouts), IRC, XMPP (Jabber), VZ, and Yahoo! Messenger. It also supports social networking sites, such as Facebook, Foursquare, LinkedIn, and Twitter; email services, such as POP3 and IMAP.
– Simple Instant Messaging – Trillian keeps instant messaging simple by not reinventing the wheel or trying to sell you something you don’t need. Advertise your status, send messages to your contacts, and synchronize seamlessly between devices.
– Persistent Group Messaging – Group chats persist on the server so friends who are offline can always catch up easily. You can also assign operator status to groups to help with member management and control topics and permissions.
– File and Image Sharing – Send and receive pictures, files, screen captures, or anything you like. Share documents and spreadsheets in group conversations. Large files can be sent using peer-to-peer technology to ensure maximum speed and efficiency.
– Game Chat – Chat directly in full-screen games using Trillian’s powerful game chat overlay compatible with dozens of OpenGL and Direct3D applications. If you’ve used overlays before in Steam or Discord then you’ll appreciate being able to keep the conversation going in Trillian as well.
– Message History – Messages are stored on your computer so you always have a copy of your past conversations. Our powerful message history viewer comes equipped with searching and filters so you can track down previous chats at a moment’s notice.
– Themes and Emoticons – Themes – including light and dark – and emoticons powered by our friends at JoyPixels let your personalize Trillian any way you’d like. Change colors to suit your particular mood, and always have the right emoji on hand to express what you’re feeling.
It is created by Cerulean Studios.