Subcategory: Microblog Clients
Programing language: Python
First release: February 19, 2009
Gwibber – an open source microblogging framework and desktop client for GNOME developed with Python and GTK+. The Gwibber backend is a stand-alone daemon that manages updates and retrieves stream data from social networks. The Gwibber backend can be accessed through D-Bus.
It supports Twitter, Identi.ca, StatusNet, Facebook, Flickr, Digg, FriendFeed, and Qaiku.
– Supports many different social networks
– Provides a combined stream of all your messages
– Automatically shortens URLs when they are pasted
– Built-in search tool and support for saved searches
– Optional support for spell-checking as you type
– HTML themes let you customize Gwibber’s look and feel
– Multicolumn user interface for viewing multiple streams
The last version 3.6.0 was released in 2012.