Subcategory: VoIP Clients, Instant Messengers
Platform: Android, iOS, Windows, Web (chrome extension)
License: Freeware, Proprietary
Programing language: ?
First release: March 2012
LINE – a free messaging, convenient memos, and screen capture made easy LINE reshapes communication around the globe, allowing you to enjoy free messaging wherever you find yourself. LINE is available for a variety of smartphone devices (iPhone, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, and Nokia) and even your PC.
– Send free one-on-one and group texts to your friends anytime, anywhere.
– Free international voice and video calls make it easy to stay connected.
– Share exactly how you’re feeling by choosing from over 10,000 stickers and emoticons.
– LINE lets you share photos, videos, voice messages, contacts, and location information in the moment.
– Follow the official accounts of your favorite artists, celebrities, brands, and TV shows for exclusive news, promotions, and more.
– Exchange stories with your close friends by sharing texts, photos, videos, and stickers on your Timeline.
– Save your favorite messages, photos, and videos in Keep. Save time finding files and easily share your stuff with friends.
– Quickly add friends using the “Shake It!” function, a QR code, or a LINE ID.
– Share unforgettable moments directly from chats via live video.
– Make your chats even better with cute filters and effects.
– Play free Face Play games with a friend from a video call or chat.
– Share screenshots from the game in chats or on Timeline and other social media.
– Check out LINE TODAY for the latest news on current events, sports, and entertainment. Plus, find videos, live broadcasts, fun community content, and much more.
– OpenChat is an online space where you can meet new friends with similar interests and share fun news and information. (Available only in Indonesia, Japan, Taiwan, and Thailand.)