Last Updated on: 22nd February 2020, 01:10 pm
Subcategory: File Transfer, File Managers
Platform: Android, Windows
License: Proprietary, Shareware, Freeware
Programing language: Object Pascal
First release: September 25, 1993
Total Commander (previously: Windows Commander) – a file manager and FTP file transfer client, available for MS Windows, Windows Phone and Android operating systems.
– Two file windows side by side
– Multiple language and Unicode support
– Enhanced search function
– Compare files (now with editor) / synchronize directories
– Quick View panel with bitmap display
– ZIP, 7ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins
– Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support
– Parallel port link, multi-rename tool
– Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history+favorites buttons
– Thumbnails view, custom columns, enhanced search
– Compare editor, cursor in lister, separate trees, logging, enhanced overwrite dialog etc.
– Unicode names almost everywhere, long names (>259 characters), password manager for ftp and plugins, synchronize empty dirs, 64 bit context menu, quick file filter (Ctrl+S)
– USB port connection via special direct transfer cable, partial branch view (Ctrl+Shift+B), and many improvements to ftp, synchronizing and other functions
– And many more!
Built in features can be enlarged via plugins.
The project founder is Christian Ghisler.