Last Updated on: 8th December 2020, 01:22 pm
Subcategory: VoIP Clients
Platform: OS X, Windows
License: Freeware, Proprietary
First release: August 2002
Ventrilo – a freeware VoIP client which includes text chat, and is available for OS X and MS Windows users. Ventrilo is the next evolutionary step of Voice over IP (VoIP) group communications software. It includes the ability to change the look-n-feel of the client window via Themes, and also the availability to transfer files to select Users. Side-Control-Panels for quick one-click access to many of the menu functions. And break-out Main/Channel windows.
Ventrilo uses a strict client-server based connection that is always encrypted. User data is never collected or stored, hence it can not be shared/sold to external entities. All text-chat communications/audio-recordings are stored locally on the Client computer.
Ventrilo Servers are hosted in secure data-centers located world-wide. The use of data-centers provides for security, power backup, sufficient internet bandwidth, and maximum uptime.
Ventrilo is best known for its superior sound quality and minimal use of CPU resources so as not to interfere with normal operations of the computer or during online game competitions. It is also preferred for the simple User interface that any first time computer User can very quickly learn because the most commonly used features are immediately visible and can be activated with a single click of the mouse.
– Voice communication with multiple Users and/or multiple servers.
– Configurable Cross-channel communications.
– Phantom Users for ‘listening-only’ on other channels.
– User-to-User private conversations, both voice and text.
– Individual channels that can be created dynamically.
– Channel ‘Invisible-Transmit’ option.
– Sub channels.
– Muted channels.
– Queued channels.
– Channel transmit time limits.
– Channel client limits.
– Channel feature filtering.
– Ranking option per-channel to limit which Users can transmit.
– Password protected server/channel login option.
– Advanced server/channel control options and filters.
– Individual Admin passwords for channels.
– Text-to-speech (TTS) voice generation.
– and much more…