Last Updated on: 22nd February 2020, 05:23 pm
Subcategory: Web browsers
Platform: Android, Linux, OS X, Windows
First release: March 27, 2011
Waterfox – a free and open source web browser based on the Firefox code and optimized for 64 bit machines. Software is designed for 64-bit operating systems and can take advantage of faster RAM and processing speeds and greater stability in 64-bit systems. Waterfox doesn’t sell access to your personal information.
Differences between Waterfox and Firefox:
– Disabled Encrypted Media Extensions (EME)
– Disabled Web Runtime
– Removed Adobe DRM, Pocket, Telemetry, Data collection and Startup profiling
– Allows running of all 64-bit NPAPI plugins
– Allows running of unsigned extensions
– Removed of Sponsored Tiles on New Tab Page
– Addition of locale selector in about:preferences > General
– Bing as the default search engine
– Cookie prompt
The project developer is Alex Kontos.