Last Updated on: 8th December 2020, 09:06 pm
Subcategory: Download Managers
First release: 2005
WinWGet – an open source and free application which offers a GUI (Graphical User Interface) for WGet. It will keep track of your downloads – add, clone, edit, delete jobs. It will not make coffee for you! It is expected from you to know what options you need, yet it comes with reasonable defaults.
Features (GUI and wget):
– Threaded jobs
– Monitor Clipboard for URL’s (or new URLs only)
– Resume for downloads
– Mozilla integration through ‘Download with’ extension (command line URL)
– Mozilla integration through ‘Launchy’ (sample launchy.xml file)
– Jobs export into HTML file
– Predefined user-agents (IE, Mozilla, Opera, Flashget, MediaPlayer and etc…)
– Support for asp/php redirection and http authentication
– Multiple ftp files/dirs download (? and * chars)
– Bit rate limit (download speed)
The interface is available only for Windows OS.
The latest version of WinWGet 0.20 beta was released in 2005.